Wednesday 22 June 2011

What hair colour can you use with Chemo

I encourage all my clients to contact me if they have any queries and this was one regarding hair colour and chemo:

I have just had been operated on for bowel cancer and thought that was all that I needed but found out on Friday that it has spread a bit and that I have to have chemo. Lots of things have been going through my mind but in typical girl fashion I have now got to worrying about my hair! My type of chemo means it won't fall out but I have been told that I can't dye it. I am so grey and it will look shocking after 6 months and then maybe longer. I know you aren't an agony aunt but as I know you I thought that I'd drop you a line to see what you think about colouring hair. I thought your idea of coloured mousse was a really good one.... What are the herbal ones like and can you use any aveda dyes?




With regards to your query...I have just started using a semi-permanent colour made by Goldwell and it does cover grey pretty well though not 100% which can be better as the line (regrowth) is not so apparent, however it blends and that creates a softer regrowth line...Here are two links that you can read a bit more about their products...I have used the Elumen on one of my clients who has a very sensitive scalp and she is very pleased with the colour and results:



Yes, coloured mousse also will of some value however no product the is not permanent will lift the colour...you can only hope for some coverage...I am not familiar with Aveda colouring products however they do have some information on their website and generally the technicians in the salons are competent...here is a link if you have not had a chance to read it:
http://www.aveda.co.uk/professional_hair_colour.tmpl



No comments:

Post a Comment